Booking Policies and Forms
- Advanced Reservations are required.
- 4 Hunter minimum required.
- 50% deposit must be made to confirm reservations.
- Deposit is forfeited if you cancel less than 30 days prior to hunt or do not show for day of hunt. Have standbys ready!
- Hunting Season is September through March.
- Please arrive at 9:30am on the day of your hunt, unless otherwise arranged.
- Lazy Bear Ranch Lodge accommodations are NOT included in the price, unless noted.
- Guests must provide transportation to and from the preserve.
- Additional Birds added to hunt are $40 each.
- Bird cleaning is available and recommended
- We will do our best to reschedule extreme weather days
- Prices subject to change without notice.
Please call (208) 550-0440 for information on available hunt dates or click or use our “Booking inquiry Form”
We will not hunt when it is “wet” this is at our discretion to protect the quality of our hunts and not to waste your money. Prices subject to change without notice.
To buy an Idaho hunting license, all hunters must show proof that they have completed a hunter education course if they were born on or after January 1, 1975, unless they have held a valid hunting license from Idaho or another state.
(This means if you have ever hunted anywhere at anytime and have proof of it… an old hunting license, bring it with you when you’re getting your license. Only applicable for people born after 1/1/75. If you were born before that, you’re an old fart and they will trust that you have hunted before or that you are old enough to be responsible.)
To hunt at the Lazy Bear Ranch you need one of the following: A valid Idaho hunting license or a “Shooting Preserve Permit”
If you are an Idaho resident it is a better value to buy a hunting license.
Non-resident hunters, if you only plan on hunting at the Lazy Bear Ranch, the best value is to buy the “Shooting Preserve Permit”
You can get the “SPP” any place Idaho hunting licenses are sold and on the Idaho Department of Fish & Game website.
If the person at the F&G kiosk can’t find the button to push to help you buy your “SPP”, tell them it’s under permits and licenses in the Non-resident area of their screen. The SPP will cost you $23.75, and it is not the MMA permit.
Online Waiver Form - REQUIRED!
Please complete and submit the following online waiver one week before your arrival to Lazy Bear Ranch. This is REQUIRED of all participants for hunting trips.