Interesting Facts About Tim
- Tim had 65 college scholarships offers out of High School and chose UCLA, despite receiving a personal letter from USC alumnus John Wayne.
- During his time at UCLA, Tim was All-Coast, All PAC – 10 both for two years and an unanimous football All-American for his senior year achievement. The college award he is most proud of was being an Academic All-American. He is the last person in UCLA history to do both Academic and Football All-American in the same year. As he says it, “I got a good education at UCLA although it could have been gooder…”
- Inducted to the UCLA Athletic Hall of Fame in 2003
- Tim was selected as the second pick of the Chicago Bears in 1982 behind Jim McMahon. Unfortunately, Tim could not reach contract terms with the Bears and became the 1st major player to sign in with the USFL (United States Football League). When asked how he felt about the move to the USFL, Tim stated “What a price to pay to be an answer to a trivia question”.
- Wrightman returned to the Chicago Bears in 1985 and was a member of the Best Super Bowl team of all time.
- After 5 years of professional football and 6 knee surgeries, Tim decided to be an actor where he thought it would be easier until he was beaten-up by Chuck Norris. He acted in over 21 TV shows as a guest star and 20 national commercials.
- In 2000 Tim bought his first 100 acres of land which is now part of a contiguous 190 acre parcel he affectionately named Lazy Bear Ranch. It is available for daily hunting, excursions and outdoor activities.
View Tim’s Resume and Other PDF’s
Resume and PDFs
View Tim’s Videos!